Finding the right sleddog gear and navigating through all the different options out there, sure sometimes feels like trying to find your way through a jungle. Specially when you’re new to the sport. This is why the MeMush Team decided to create this short course.
Basic Sleddog Gear is a crash course meant to work as a guide through the most common gear used for sleddog training, both with small teams of one or two dogs, and bigger teams. We’ll walk you through gear such as lines, booties and vehicles. You’ll learn about the differences, functions, what to use and when to use it, the most common safety risks, as well as get some handy tips to use in real life situations.
When completed this course you..
- … know about the most common types of lines and hooks – and when to use them
- … will have a greater confidence when navigating through the many different options of sleddog gear
- … understand the anatomy of ganglines for small and big dog teams
- … will have a deeper understanding of why and how to boot your sleddog
- … know the basics of how to take care of your equipment
- … will have learnt how to splice a basic tugline and neckline
Participants finishing the course with 100% of total results will access a personal printable certificate of achievement.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 6 weeks
- Skill level Beginner
- Students 34
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Highly recommend this course!This was the perfect introduction to the world of Dog sledding! For me, who's brand new in this area, I was honestly a bit scared of feeling dumb for not knowing or understanding. But I've couldn't have been more wrong! Thanks to Nicole and Marlene, this felt like the most comfortable thing in the world. It was like sitting with good friends and learning something new!